1. Tie a treat to a string and hang it at eye level outside their door, above their desk or wherever they’re sure to find it. Hint: tying cupcakes to dangling strings is hard; tying chocolate bars to dangling strings is easy.
2. If you’re apart, print out a picture of their face and stick it on a shirt stuffed with newspaper; then take a selfie with their stuffed stand-in and send it to them!
3. Think of 10 things that they love; print out a picture of each thing; slip the stack into an envelope and give it to them! Bonus points for decorating the envelope real pretty.
4. In the week leading up to their birthday (or anytime if you’re making someone feel special for no reason), put ten cards in the mail; write one thing you like about them in each card. Or just write ‘hi’ – whatever!
5. Take them out for lunch, duh.